AGA Art Studio
3D GEODE ART- MASTERCLASS
For all my resin addicts
3D GEODE ON A 30" x 40" -- a LARGE STATEMENT PIECE
As a masterclass, we will be skipping over the basics I taught in my other classes-- watch as I work and explain my process.
- Mixing your resin with pigments, colors and glitter
- How to make a free form cast, the steps and layers
- Cutting the hole and how to prep the back for the 3D aspect
- How I create coloured gems that with stand resin with out smudging into your art
- The stages of creating, when to stop and how many layers are needed
- Adding glitter - sounds simple but resin is tricky, glitter can take over your work
- Quartz clusters - when and how to add them for best results
- Texture points- How to get that beautiful sparkle that captures the eye
- Detailed paint brush lines - when to make them
- Creating depth- when to use the pen lines and layers
- How to achieve the perfect final layer- never shared this before!
This is not an over night projects and will take some time to complete, don't rush, enjoy the process and watch as it all comes together to a 3D master piece.
The class is very informative. It has made such a difference in my art. I can go back and rewatch the class. Agnes is a great teacher explaining what she does and why she does it which is the most important part of teaching. I highly recommend it.
I took Agnes’ previous class. It was easy to follow as she took us step by step through each process and like she says I was able to watch and rewatch each segment. She is a very easy teacher to follow and shares how to achieve the awesome blending of color, resin, crystals and putting her special touch on these beautiful works of art. I can’t wait for this class to begin. My piece I completed proudly hangs in my dining room and receives so many ooh’s and aww’s with each guest that sees them. I highly recommend this class. The only suggestion I have to make our experience even better, Alice is to use fed ex as Canadian mail takes too long to deliver. Might cost a little more but worth it. Thank you, Alice for sharing your knowledge and expertise with us. Can’t wait for this class to begin. Is it possible to give us a list of supplies to order before the release so we can be ready to hit the ground running?