AGA Art Studio
3D GEODE ART- MASTERCLASS
3D GEODE ON A 36" x 48" -- a LARGE STATEMENT PIECE
- Prepping your panel- properly masking the edges and priming ( we will be leaving the-sides and letting the resin flow) You'll learn how to properly mask so that you don't need to sand the drippings
- Mixing your resin with pigments, colors and glitter
- How to make a free form cast, the steps and layers
- Cutting the hole and how to prep the back for the 3D aspect
- How I create coloured gems that with stand resin with out smudging into your art
- The stages of creating, when to stop and how many layers are needed
- Adding glitter - sounds simple but resin is tricky, glitter can take over your work
- Quartz clusters - when and how to add them for best results
- Texture points- How to get that beautiful sparkle that captures the eye
- Detailed paint brush lines - when to make them
- Creating depth- when to use the pen lines and layers
- How to achieve the perfect final layer- never shared this before!
- What to hardware to use to hand your art
THE 3D ASPECTS YOU WILL SEE IN THIS CLASS:
This is not an over night projects and will take some time to complete, don't rush, enjoy the process and watch as it all comes together to a 3D master piece.
Remarkable teacher and experience!
I took Agnes’ previous class. It was easy to follow as she took us step by step through each process and like she says I was able to watch and rewatch each segment. She is a very easy teacher to follow and shares how to achieve the awesome blending of color, resin, crystals and putting her special touch on these beautiful works of art. I can’t wait for this class to begin. My piece I completed proudly hangs in my dining room and receives so many ooh’s and aww’s with each guest that sees them. I highly recommend this class. The only suggestion I have to make our experience even better, Alice is to use fed ex as Canadian mail takes too long to deliver. Might cost a little more but worth it. Thank you, Alice for sharing your knowledge and expertise with us. Can’t wait for this class to begin. Is it possible to give us a list of supplies to order before the release so we can be ready to hit the ground running?